(quoted from Wikipedia)
[quote ]Formed in 1991 by Black C (Christopher Matthews) and Mr. Cee (Kyle Church). Their first release, the self-produced “Don’t Give Me No Bammer” came out on In-a-Minute Records and made the Billboard magazine Hot Rap Singles chart, peaking at #16. Two albums followed: A Lesson to Be Learned, which peaked at #60 on the Billboard magazine Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart, and Ruthless by Law, which surpassed their debut by making it to #23, also grazing the bottom of the The Billboard 200 at #197. In 1995 they produced a solo record by group member Hitman (Ricky Heard) called Solo Creep.
Their impressive sales for regional indie releases attracted interest from Atlantic Records subsidiary Big Beat, who signed the group. Before they could deliver an album, Mr. Cee was shot nine times and killed near his home on New Year’s Day in 1996, on Harbor Road. This murder would set off a wave of retaliation killings in this section of the city.
Black C and Hitman filled the void created by Mr. Cee’s absence with various producers, including Rick Rock and MC Eiht, and released An Eye for an Eye in 1997. The album peaked at #70 on The Billboard 200 chart and got as high as #14 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart.
Another Hitman solo record was released in 1999 and in 2000, RBL Posse released a double album—Bootlegs and Bay Shit: The Resume. In May 2001, Hitman was wounded in the leg from gunshots.
2001’s Hostile Takeover would prove to be the group’s last album when, on February 3, 2003, Hitman was shot and killed while driving in the Hunters Point section of San Francisco.
Black C has continued to release solo albums and RBL Posse-related material. [/quote]
- 1992: A Lesson to Be Learned
- 1994: Ruthless by Law
- 1997: An Eye for an Eye
- 2000: Bootlegs & Bay Shit: The Resume
- 2001: Hostile Takeover
- 1995: Hitman – Solo Creep
- 1996: RBL Posse Presents N.O.H. Mafia – Niggaz on High
- 1997: Mr. Sandman – 10% Love Me 90% Hate Me – EP
- 1999: Hitman – H2O Volume One
- 2000: Black C & TayDaTay – Prime Factorz
- 2002: RBL Posse Presents Prime Minister – No Compromise
- 2002: RBL Posse Presents Military Minded – Ghetto Vietnam
- 2003: RBL Posse Presents The Rightway Malitia – Malitia Muzik
- 2003: RBL Posse Presents Young Thugg – Thugg Livin
- 2003: Black C – Last Man Standing
- 2007: Black C – The City of Gods
- 2010: Black C – 70s Baby